Before you answer no, ask yourself the following questions.
- Are you stressed trying to meet the increasing needs of anolder relative or loved one?
- Do you feel like you’re running in place, just moving from one crisis to another?
- Do you find yourself feeling depressed, anxious or burdened?
- Are you busy chauffeuring from one doctor appointment to another, running more errands to the pharmacy and store?
- Have you become the family referee, fielding questions and issues from your family about your loved one’s care?
- Are you getting buried in medical, legal and financial paperwork?
- Do you keep your worries to yourself and think that your employer would be unsympathetic to you?
If you answered yes to any question, you are a caregiver, and you may be experiencing caregiver stress. You are not alone. One-third of the U.S. population is caring for an older adult and, like you, two-thirds of these informal caregivers provide this care in addition to working full or part-time. These added responsibilities can have a profound impact on you, and on your work. Take our caregiver stress quiz and test your stress level. http://bit.ly/aF3Dl4